Registered Dietitian – Food & Nutrition
Welcome! My name is Kimberly Higgins and as a registered dietitian/nutritionist I am passionate about helping people feel great through nutrition; which starts with helping them find (or restore) a healthy relationship with food and eating.
My practice exists to help people become a healthier version of themselves through quality food, strategic nutrition and individualized attention. Whether that means . . .
- healing a broken relationship with food that causes guilt, stress or shame
- retraining your palate, behaviors or pantry to shed pounds
- learning how to cook healthy and quick meals for yourself and your family
- choosing strategic foods and timing to fuel performance and up your game
- adopting new eating patterns as a result of a diagnosis
I am here to help guide you in implementing a strategic and comprehensive plan to achieve the health goals that will impact your life forever.
It’s all about you! We start with the things that are unique to you; your stressors, your preferences, your lifestyle, your goals and together, we map out a plan to help you achieve success around food. Through education, counseling techniques, and a personal relationship, we will work together to move past hurdles and create success!
No two clients programs look the same; just as each person is unique, the right plan is uniquely designed to meet the needs of your personality, lifestyle, preferences and goals.
As a dietitian with over 20 years experience working in a variety of settings (clinical dietetics, schools/universities, worksite-wellness, private practice) I bring expertise in many aspects of nutrition intervention. As a trained culinarian I have worked in recipe development, culinary education, and food writing to help people discover that healthy food and great tasting food can be one in the same!
My background and training include:
- Degree in Nutrition Science, Cornell University
- Dietetic Internship, Syracuse University
- Registered Dietitian/Nutritionist
- Culinary Degree, Baltimore International College (Now Stratford University)
- In progress: Master of Science in Exercise Science, McDaniel College (Nutrition for Performance)
- Clinical dietetics work with GI and cancer patients
- Managing professional kitchens, marketing food programs and promoting wellness at school & work
- Developing recipes and wellness programs for a variety of ages & lifestyles
- Working with university athletic teams and athletes to implement nutrition strategies for performance
- Writing for publications around topics of nutrition, health and foods; developing recipes for publication
- Private practice working with clients on nutrition solutions that enhance their health and well-being!
Serving the food and nutrition educational needs and individual dietary counseling needs for residents, corporations, organizations, and small businesses throughout Carroll County, Frederick County, Howard County, and Montgomery County. Some of the larger cities and towns include: